Public Service Announcement #1

TL;DR version - A group of (well, used to be) players are trying to damage our server’s reputation by spreading false information about our staff team, specifically me - Sandbox, in order to veer our players away from Zeta RO.

-------------

Summary:

A couple of days ago, I received a report from a player (Demonic) about a guild (Tanod MVP) that was blocking the entrance to the Thanatos tower boss area by spamming ice wall before the entrance.

(Screenshot from Tanod MVP)

No description available.

Seeming like a drastic move, I went to the map and found the report to be true – this is where I made the mistake of immediately disabling the use of Ice Wall. I only did this because I need to walk around the map and investigate if they were doing other things besides that. Afterwards, I went to the boss area to see what else they are doing. This is where they started flaming me and overreacting to the situation.

After they’ve successfully killed Thanatos, their whole guild and friends harassed me in-game, in Discord, and in Facebook — flaming me and insisting that I recalled(warped) Demonic to the boss map. He was able to enter the boss map because Ice Wall was disabled during that time. These people kept on saying that I'm being biased against his report. (This group of people has a reputation of being disrespectful to anyone who’s against them anyways.)

Seeing that I’ve also made a mistake by turning off Ice Wall immediately (which I truly regret and have apologized to their guild for), the only punishment I gave them in-game were 10 minute mutes and jails. Their guild wasn’t the only one who received disciplinary action but also everyone who talked trash & spammed.

(Screenshot from the Facebook thread where they were spreading false information)

I tried to stay professional and kept silent because to me it's just "one of those days." I’m already used to this level of pettiness. However, they didn't stop there and went off-game to spread false information within our network and social media. This led me to believe that they are just trying to ruin Zeta RO’s reputation, ending with my decision to ban their whole guild in-game.

(Screenshot from Tanod MVP's streaming pages)

image.png

What they’re saying about me being bias with certain players is absolutely NOT true.

First of all, I don't even know the player (Demonic) in real life. Second, you can easily see that because the same player who reported Tanod MVP, are in the same circle of players who keeps insisting that I should allow PK in boss areas – which I kept on rejecting – since I believe turning "PK off" should be allowed in order to avoid boss maps from being monopolized and give everyone a fair chance to hunt. This is why I reacted immediately when I heard about the initial report.

(Screenshot from our Discord server)

image.png

I want to emphasize that the whole staff team is trying their best to attend to all of your concerns. There may be times that some of them can easily and immediately be done and answered. Some might require decisions to be made or even code changes that will require a server maintenance. Putting actions on hold doesn’t mean that we are being biased. Whether you are a donator, streamer, friend, or just a regular player, you will get the same equal treatment from us.

With that being said, this is the last time that I'll talk about this incident. I hope this clarifies all doubts about me or my team. And on behalf of them, I would like to thank everyone who still supports us.

The truth shall always prevail.

• Like 3

Bro as an Admin of the Server you should maintain your poise banning them will result that you're truly guilty with those kind of actions ( recalling a friend ). Also as a Admin you should know the consequences of your actions. One wrong mistake will be a lot of trouble just like what you did. It's your fault that the Ice Wall is usable on Dungeons and you should disable it while on Server Maintenance not on LIVE. Piece of advice. And also if you're not using your @recall command for your friend's sake. Provide some proofs like a screenshot from database on every command of you and other GM's used. Players are very sensitive when it comes to a "GM goes to a rare mvp dungeons." That's all. But still you should consider unbanning the whole guild. Because this will be a very bad image to ZetaRO as well as the community to ban the whole guild with some petty reasons. In Ragnarok Private Server Communities you can't please everyone some may rant some may enjoy your Server Project but again. Very bad move and you should consider it. Anyway. You're the admin of the server the Final Decision will be yours.

I'm with Sandbox. Butthurt lang yang mga yan kasi hindi na nila ma-manipulate yung supply ng Thanatos Card sa market (price manipulation = EZ billions).

At kung "tropa" niya talaga yung nag-sumbong at may kinikilingan talaga yung GM, edi sana binigyan niya na lang ng Thanatos Card derecho. Simpleng @item lang yan.

Pag inuuna talaga ang emotion, nawawala na ang rational thinking.

Both parties has their faults, The admin shouldn't have interfered whilst thana's up, or for better, the server's up. Since Ice Wall was allowed to be used in the map, they seized the moment. But it doesn't mean they are allowed to harass the admin, they should've kept cool about it, since they've killed thanatos.

Nonetheless, the damage has been done, hope both parties learned a thing or two about this. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Ethyl Alcohol said:

Bro as an Admin of the Server you should maintain your poise banning them will result that you're truly guilty with those kind of actions ( recalling a friend ). Also as a Admin you should know the consequences of your actions. One wrong mistake will be a lot of trouble just like what you did. It's your fault that the Ice Wall is usable on Dungeons and you should disable it while on Server Maintenance not on LIVE. Piece of advice. And also if you're not using your @recall command for your friend's sake. Provide some proofs like a screenshot from database on every command of you and other GM's used. Players are very sensitive when it comes to a "GM goes to a rare mvp dungeons." That's all. But still you should consider unbanning the whole guild. Because this will be a very bad image to ZetaRO as well as the community to ban the whole guild with some petty reasons. In Ragnarok Private Server Communities you can't please everyone some may rant some may enjoy your Server Project but again. Very bad move and you should consider it. Anyway. You're the admin of the server the Final Decision will be yours.

Did you even try to read and look at the screenshots which came from them? do you see the person they are talking about in the map? I have nothing but good intentions, that's why I didn't even try to hide when I was warping towards them.

My decision is final as they've broken a lot of our rules, which you can find here:

Our server would be better off without these kinds of toxic and abusive players anyway 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Ethyl Alcohol said:

sandbox did a 10 minutes mute. but they didnt stop for a day so... all the best

Edited by j3tro
  • Like 2

Shouldn't have kick them from discord and banned them its like you want them to shut up so your side will be true. Because in the first place you we're the one who was wrong instead you gave them a ban in-game and in discord. That's unprofessional.

Edited by Ano Nangyari
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sandbox said:

Did you even try to read and look at the screenshots which came from them? do you see the person they are talking about in the map? I have nothing but good intentions, that's why I didn't even try to hide when I was warping towards them.

My decision is final as they've broken a lot of our rules, which you can find here:

Our server would be better off without these kinds of toxic and abusive players anyway 🙂

He's staying neutral on his comment yet you're being aggressive. Not really an admin like comment too much aggressiveness.

Edited by Poring
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Ano Nangyari said:

Shouldn't have kick them from discord and banned them its like you want them to shut up so your side will be true. Because in the first place you we're the one who was wrong instead you gave them a ban in-game and in discord. That's unprofessional.

Leaving them in Discord would only make the situation worse, they weren't listening to anyone but themselves. Even after i've addressed their questions, they just tried to divert the issue and create a different one / or just spam or taunt the team.

Both are at fault. Difference is you apologized and explained the situation. While the other side is obviously just in it just to ruin the server. While everything was going on. They were having fun advertising another server while taunting other people to join in both social medias and in-game. The group is also known for playing in every new server and take over card hunting for PHP purpose. I agree with your decision. In-game shouts are becoming toxic with their group in it.

• Like 2